Don’t Settle for a LemonStand Up for Your Rights
Point Loma Lemon Law Attorneys
How to Get a Refund for Your Lemon Vehicle
When you buy a new car, truck, or motorcycle, you expect it to be free of defects. Unfortunately, many vehicles are sold with serious problems that cannot be fixed, no matter how many times you take them to the dealership for repairs. If you are stuck with a lemon vehicle, you have rights under the California Lemon Law.
At CA Lemon Law Firm, we are dedicated to helping consumers throughout Point Loma and the surrounding areas get the refunds and/or replacements they are owed. Our Point Loma Lemon Law attorneys have a proven track record of success, having handled thousands of cases and recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We are ready to fight for you.
What Is the California Lemon Law?
The California Lemon Law is a consumer protection statute that provides recourse for buyers and lessees of defective vehicles. Under the law, if a vehicle is sold with a defect that cannot be repaired within a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer must either replace the vehicle, refund the buyer’s money, and/or compensate the consumer for losses suffered due to the defect.
California’s Lemon Law covers new and used vehicles that are still under the manufacturer’s original warranty. This includes vehicles that are:
- Purchased outright
It is important to note that the California Lemon Law does not cover vehicles that are no longer under the manufacturer’s warranty. Additionally, the law does not cover vehicles that have been damaged due to an accident, misuse, or neglect.
How Many Repairs Qualify a Vehicle as a Lemon?
Under the California Lemon Law, a vehicle is considered a “lemon” if it has a defect that substantially impairs its use, value, or safety and the manufacturer has been unable to repair the defect after a “reasonable number of attempts.”
So, how many repair attempts are considered “reasonable” under the law?
- The law does not definitively state what number of repairs are considered reasonable. However, a minimum of two attempts is commonly recognized.
- If the vehicle has been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more for any number of repairs, the vehicle may also be considered a lemon.
If the manufacturer has had a reasonable number of attempts to repair the vehicle and the defect still exists, the vehicle is considered a lemon under the California Lemon Law.
How to File a Lemon Law Claim in Point Loma
If you believe that you have a lemon vehicle, you may be wondering how to file a Lemon Law claim in Point Loma. The process can be complex, which is why it is generally a good idea to work with an experienced attorney who can guide you through each step.
Here is a general overview of what you should do if you believe you may have a lemon:
- Review your warranty: The first step in filing a Lemon Law claim is to review your warranty. Make sure that your vehicle is still covered under the manufacturer’s warranty and that the defect you are experiencing is covered under the warranty.
- Keep records of all repairs: If you have a lemon vehicle, you will need to prove that the manufacturer has had a reasonable number of attempts to repair the defect. To do this, you should keep detailed records of all repairs, including the dates the vehicle was in the shop, the repairs that were made, and the amount of time the vehicle was out of service.
- Work with an attorney: The manufacturer may try to refuse to replace the vehicle or refund your money. However, you have rights under the law. Contact an experienced Lemon Law attorney. Your attorney will help you gather the necessary evidence, file the claim, and negotiate with the manufacturer on your behalf.
It is important to note that the California Lemon Law is complex and the process can be challenging. That is why it is generally a good idea to work with an experienced attorney who can guide you through each step and help you fight for the best possible outcome.
How Long Does a Lemon Law Case Take?
One of the most common questions we receive is, “How long does a Lemon Law case take?” Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The length of time it takes to resolve a Lemon Law case can vary significantly depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the case, the willingness of the manufacturer to negotiate, and more.
That being said, most Lemon Law cases are resolved in one of the following ways:
- Settlement: Many Lemon Law cases are resolved through settlement negotiations. In a settlement, the manufacturer agrees to replace the vehicle or refund the buyer’s money in exchange for the buyer dropping the case. Settlement negotiations can begin at any time, even before the case is filed. In fact, in some cases, the manufacturer may agree to a settlement before the case is even filed.
- Litigation: If the manufacturer refuses to replace the vehicle or refund the buyer’s money, the buyer can file a lawsuit. The litigation process can be lengthy and complex, as it involves filing the necessary paperwork, gathering evidence, and more. In some cases, litigation can take several months or even years. That is why it is generally a good idea to work with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the process and fight for the best possible outcome.
At CA Lemon Law Firm, we understand that you want to resolve your Lemon Law case as quickly as possible. That is why we work diligently to negotiate fair settlements on behalf of our clients. However, we are always prepared to take a case to court if the manufacturer is not willing to negotiate in good faith.
How Much Does a Lemon Law Attorney Cost?
You may be hesitant to hire an attorney because you are worried about the cost. However, it is important to note that the California Lemon Law is designed to protect consumers, which means that the manufacturer may be required to pay the buyer’s attorney’s fees if the case is successful.
So, how much does a Lemon Law attorney cost?
At CA Lemon Law Firm, we handle all Lemon Law cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay any upfront costs to hire us and you do not have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf. If we do not win your case, you do not owe us anything.
How Our Point Loma Lemon Law Attorneys Can Help You
At CA Lemon Law Firm, we have a comprehensive understanding of the California Lemon Law and the process for filing a claim. We can guide you through each step and help you fight for the best possible outcome.
When you choose to work with us, you can expect:
- Personalized service: We are a boutique law firm that is dedicated to providing our clients with the personalized, one-on-one attention they deserve. When you choose to work with us, you can expect to receive the highest level of legal service from start to finish.
- Aggressive representation: We are not afraid to take on large vehicle manufacturers and their legal teams. Our Point Loma Lemon Law attorneys are skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators who will fight tirelessly for you at every stage of the process.
- Proven results: We have a proven track record of success, having handled thousands of cases and recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We know what it takes to win and we will not back down from a fight.
Our Point Loma Lemon Law attorneys are here to help you get the refund and/or replacement you are owed. We will review the details of your case, explain your rights, and help you make an informed decision about how to proceed. If you choose to move forward, we will handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on what matters most—getting your life back on track.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
If you have a lemon vehicle, you have rights under the California Lemon Law. Our Point Loma Lemon Law attorneys can help you understand your rights and fight for the refund and/or replacement you are owed. We offer free initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to a member of our team.